Sunday, February 24, 2013

Here I go again

So, I'm back in Mumbai, massively jet lagged (slept from 1:30am - 4am), sweating in front of the computer. I'm excited, and nervous, although to be honest, half of that is probably because I have to pee... I am staying in a familiar hostel, which is nice. They have reliable wifi, which is a god send when you refuse to get out of bed at 4:30am, but also are definitely not going back to sleep. After being coddled on air swiss (every time you think you might be hungry, someone hands you a warm roll, croissant or a bar of chocolate), being faced with having to fend for myself is a bit daunting. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's a daily struggle to get myself to get up, go to the ATM, good food shopping and other essential and essentially boring activities. Really it's nothing new. I happen to be in Mumbai trying to figure out if I can make breakfast our of sliced bread, something called "sandwich spread" and a very large plastic sack of ketchup, but I could just as easily be in Prospect heights trying to make dessert out of hot chocolate mix, tea biscuits, almond butter and red hots. Really all my ingenuity comes from being lazy at only the most basic level. Will I decide to relocate to India, yes! Will it take me any less than 2 hours to convince myself to go the ATM, no! A major hurtle is getting dressed, but really both things require pants, so that's not really a valid excuse. Anyhow, I'll manage to eat something before I head to set this afternoon (more on that later).

Love,
Violet

2 comments:

  1. Catching up to your blog now. Have a beautiful time, Vi! Sorry to hear that going on Indian adventures requires pants, but it seems you're definitely making the most of it (as usual!).

    <3

    ReplyDelete