Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My workout routine

So I have been going to the gym, really, I have. Between the paneer, butter parathas and ice cream it's necessary. But sometimes I just can't wake up in the morning to get it done. When that happens, I remind myself of my daily workout:

Strength training: on my daily commute I run up sixteen flights of stairs with a ten pound backpack (yay ancient laptop).

Resistance training: I fight through a sea of women at rush hour eight times, four times coming out of the train, and four going in (out is worse).

Cardio: crossing streets is a double shock to the heart, sprinting and stopping and a serious adrenaline rush (don't worry mom, I'm careful and NYC has prepared me well).

Stretching: using squat toilets (a porcelain hole in the ground) takes care of my legs while reaching for plates and other things for my co-workers and other things for other small comrades, gets my back and arms.

Needless to say, I'm always breaking a sweat. 4 of the liters I drink are just dedicated to the back sweat that gets sucked into my backpack.

Oh, and of course, there's the mandatory hour of dancing a day!

Love,
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment